Do you support Windows hosting?
Partially. We have a strong preference for Linux hosting. We may be able to partially support your website on Windows hosting but it may limit some of the services we can provide. We accept Windows hosting accounts on a case-by-case basis. If we feel your hosting is not compatible with our service and you are unwilling to take part in our free migration to any of our hosting partners, we will cancel your account at no charge.
We highly recommend using either our own WordPress managed hosting or one of our WordPress hosting partners depending on your needs and budget.
Do you support multi-site WordPress installs?
No. Due to the variable nature of multisite installations, WordPress Multisite is not included in our package. If you have a multisite installation, we can support you through a customised maintenance retainer that suits your needs. Contact us to find out more about what we can do for you.
What do I need to provide in order to use your service?
- WordPress Admin login details
- FTP or SFTP
- SSH access (optional but very handy to have)
If you are unsure of how to provide us with those details we can help you get the access we need.
Can I only get the maintenance package for one month?
No. This contract is £50 per month on a rolling basis, with a minimum of 3 months. There is also the option to save £100 by paying annually.
What does your technical support include?
We offer support on issues relating to content formatting or WordPress updates. We do not offer support for email or other services relating to hosting unless your site is hosted with us.
- Tech support calls/emails
- Website management.
- Keep WordPress core software updated, bringing admin improvements and security updates
- Keep WordPress plugins updated (if a plugin update breaks anything there may be additional costs involved to fix or we may be able to suggest other plugins or alternatives)
What does the managed content include?
Please note: This is an additional cost. We will update your WordPress CMS with new content or changes. This does not include any design or code changes. An example might be to edit a post or page, add a new post or page, add/change images within the WordPress editor. Any change requests outside editable regions that require code to be modified is outside of this contract, which we can provide a quote for.
Requests should fall within the following categories.
- Content Population
- WordPress consulting (pick our brains)
- Theme/plugin audits
- Plugin installation and implementation
If you’re unsure about whether or not a request meets these criteria, submit it as a ticket to our support system and we will either accept the ticket or deny the ticket based on our approval.
Examples of requests not meeting approval for monthly development time:
- Website redesign
- Landing page design
- Custom plugin development
- Custom theme development
- Search marketing/SEO services
Do you help with writing, proof-reading or spell checking?
Although we’ll be inputting content on your behalf, we’re not responsible for writing, proof-reading or spell checking any text copy. If you’d like us to write new content, we can provide a separate estimate for that.
How many requests can I make per month to have my content managed? Is there a limit to how much can be done per month?
Your maintenance package can be customised for any amount of base hours you feel you need for content management. Each request is subject to a one (1) hour minimum fee. So we advise that if you have a few small items to be updated that you include them all on the same request.
How do I request content changes?
To request support please create a ticket at http://brewpixel.com/support
How do I cancel?
Cancellation can occur at anytime after your first quarter (3 months) of service. You’re never required to stay with us – in fact, we’d prefer you have the option to leave if you’re unhappy with our service and give us feedback on how we can serve you better.
You can contact us through the contact page or support area to issue a termination request.
If I want to start using your maintenance package mid-month is the monthly charge pro-rated?
No. First Payment of £150, covers the initial 3 months of maintenance rated at £50 per month(or portion thereof) and the next payment is due on the first of the month of the following quarter. You may indicate which quarter you would like to start if you prefer to wait for the start of the following month or to start immediately.
- jan feb mar (Second payment due Apr 1st*)
- feb mar apr (Second payment due May 1st*)
- mar apr may (Second payment due Jun 1st*)
- apr may jun (Second payment due Jul 1st*)
- may jun jul (Second payment due Aug 1st*)
- jun jul aug (Second payment due Sep 1st*)
- jul aug sep (Second payment due Oct 1st*)
- aug sep oct (Second payment due Nov 1st*)
- sep oct nov (Second payment due Dec 1st*)
- oct nov dec (Second payment due Jan 1st*)
- nov dec jan (Second payment due Feb 1st*)
- dec jan feb (Second payment due Mar 1st*)
- Unless paying annually.