About this project
The original CoreCommerce website had been slowly updated over a few years and it was starting to show. They had a newly designed logo they wanted to use and had just released a dozen responsive ecommerce templates. With all these new changes they were really excited about overhauling their website.
Jay took design-lead on this project, directing imagery, creating custom illustrations, and crafting a great responsive experience.
- Take the initial logo re-branding work and refresh the image of the company, using latest technologies
- Port over all existing content while overhauling layout and design
- Make the brand reflect core values of a friendly and dedicated tech support team, and pride in their user community
What we did
Front-end design work
- Re-align the CoreCommerce brand including typography, photography, and illustration
- Create rich and friendly illustrations that render clearly on high-resolution devices (using SVG)
- Re-architect site on custom responsive grid
Custom illustration work
We created illustrations around the new brand personality of CoreCommerce — friendly, helpful and modern.
Illustrations can be seen throughout the site, including these pages…
Although lots of pages throughout the CoreCommerce site were templated, we had the opportunity to really play with art direction for each page.
- There was lots of responsibility in leading design direction, from creating a fresh design atmosphere, choosing consistent imagery, and finding a suitable illustration style
- Client direction was limited which, although liberating, was challenging
- Importing a large amount of legacy content from the current site; the scope quickly escalated and lots of pages had to be quickly templated, so object-oriented stylign was important
2 Months Completed 19th September 2014
Team members involved
Web Designer • Technophile, Keybrd shrtct Junkie, Colemak Typist, Cyclist, & Runner. Loves design.